ABCmouse is a comprehensive online education program for children ages 2–8. The curriculum is divided into several subjects: reading and language arts, math, science, social studies, and art, and music. The material on this site includes 9,000+ individual learning activities and over 850 lessons. Site is available in English and Spanish. ABCmouse can supplement classwork or be a stand-alone curriculum for children in preschool–grade 2.
COST: A subscription is about US $10/month or $80/year. (Up to three children can use one account.)
- Developed by experts in early learning and child development.
- Complete and thorough program for early learning.
- Engaging interactive activities, such as games, puzzles, books, and songs.
- A variety of activities to appeal to different learning styles.
- Parents can build custom lessons for their child.
- No advertising.
- Internet access needed for use.
- Not an accredited school. This may be undesirable for some families.
- Subscription fees may be expensive for some families.
- Younger children will need assistance navigating the site.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
ABCmouse is a highly regarded early childhood program that may be a great learning tool for kids living internationally, especially those who are homeschooling. While parents will need to help young children navigate this site, older children can complete lessons on ABCmouse independently. This could be a good option for families seeking an all-in-one curriculum for their young learners.