Abeka offers comprehensive, biblically-based curriculum, textbooks, teaching aids, and more for Preschool–Grade 12. The company offers physical and digital textbooks, structured lesson plans, single-subject video lessons (which replicate school environment), and a complete online academy. Parents can mix and match resources to create the right path for their child’s education.
- Parents may use parts of the curriculum or order the curriculum as a complete package.
- Challenging academic program that prepares students for university, if desired.
- Highly structured, making it easier for parents to plan lessons.
- Dual enrollment (high school and college credit) courses are available to eligible students.
- Physical Abeka workbooks must be mailed. This may be problematic in some locations. Digital textbooks may be preferable to families living internationally.
- Academic level and workload may be too difficult for some students.
- Strong Christian teachings and strict interpretations of portions of history may be undesirable for some families.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Abeka is a well-known program for teaching children at a high academic level at home. Some resources are offered digitally (videos, online courses) for easier access.