All About Spelling will help your student become a proficient speller for life. This is a scripted, open-and-go program that teaches spelling in the most effective way possible. All About Spelling is a building block program: each level builds upon the previous one. Students learn the sounds of the 26 letters of the alphabet, 45 common letter combinations (such as CK and IGH), and tried-and-true spelling rules.
(From the All About Spelling website.)
- Motivating, hands-on multisensory activities.
- Mastery-based, building block program works with kids who have learning disabilities as well as those who do not.
- Online spelling pre-test help parents decide the right level for their child.
- At the end of the program, students spell at the high school level.
- Simple program, with all learning tools included. No hidden costs.
- Can be repetitive in some lessons.
- A person’s accent could affect how they categorize words in this program. This can be confusing and frustrating to the parent and child.
- Workbooks and interactive kit must be mailed. This may be problematic in some locations.
- Requires one-to-one instruction by a parent, and this may be undesirable for some families.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
All About Spelling is a proven program to teach children to spell. It works well for different kinds of learners, including those with learning differences. Several families living internationally have reported success with using All About Spelling.