Coursera offers online courses, specializations, and degrees, and is a great option for higher-level learning. The site works with universities and other organizations to teach a variety of subjects, such as engineering, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, humanities, biology, social sciences, and others. While nearly all classes on Coursera are free to audit, students also have the option to pay for a certificate or even a university degree.
COST: Mostly free, with some paid services.
- Good option for high school students to explore specialized subjects.
- Completed courses may be included on college applications.
- Apps and website are ad-free.
- Apps are free.
- Some activities require a subscription.
- A good internet connection is required for navigation.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Coursera is a risk-free way for students to enjoy learning and enhance their skills, no matter where your family resides. It’s especially a good option for older students preparing for university.