Khan Academy Kids is a free, fun, educational program designed to inspire young children to become learners for life. The robust Khan Academy Kids curriculum and original content make learning engaging and fun for children ages 2 to 7. This free program contains a breadth of learning materials across math, language arts, and social-emotional learning, aligned to the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core in the USA. (from the Khan Academy Kids website)
- A complete program that covers early literacy, reading, writing, language, and math.
- Includes “teacher tools” for parents and educators. Lessons are mapped by curriculum standards and can be used in a classroom setting.
- Student progress can be monitored by parents.
- Free of charge and ad-free.
- A good internet connection is required for navigation.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
For parents looking for a resource that helps their young child progress in their academic skills, Khan Academy Kids is a good option. Developed by a trusted source of quality instruction and educational resources (Khan Academy), this app may be ideal for families living internationally.