Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. They tackle math, science, computing, history, art history, economics, and more, including K–14 and test preparation (SAT, Praxis, LSAT) content. We focus on skill mastery to help learners establish strong foundations, so there’s no limit to what they can learn next! (from the Khan Academy website)
- Great supplementary learning for all ages in a wide range of subjects.
- Some courses can be a complete curriculum for home educators.
- Math courses are especially known as a strong option.
- Free test preparation for the SAT college exam.
- Excellent instructional videos.
- Free of charge and ad-free.
- A good internet connection is required for navigation.
- Not a good interface for very young students. Best for kindergarten and older.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Khan Academy is a great tool for students wanting to supplement their education or home educators. Courses can be accessed on computers or mobile devices, so this is resources for families living internationally.