Laurel Springs School is a fully accredited, private online school based in the USA for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. The school offers challenging academic programs that honor each child’s individual learning style and educational needs. The in-depth coursework is designed to help students develop a thorough understanding of topics within each course. A focus on mastery of the material makes Laurel Springs School an exceptional learning environment for online elementary, middle, and upper school courses.
(From the Laurel Springs School website.)
- Curriculum is completely online.
- Accredited by two well-known accrediting organizations.
- College-prep, academically rigorous program.
- Flexible scheduling and option for enrolling in single courses.
- Special program available for gifted and talented students.
- More expensive than most online schooling options.
- Curriculum could be too challenging difficult for some students.
- Students are expected to learn independently and be self-motivated. Some students can manage this kind of learning environment, but others cannot.
- Internet required for this program.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Laurel Springs School may be a good option for some families living internationally, particularly those with motivated older students. For students planning to attend university, this school provides a good preparation. Flexible scheduling is helpful for families on the move. This school provides a nonreligious education, which some families prefer.