Creative series of math textbooks for Grades 1–12. No other textbooks are like these. Each text is written in the style of a novel with a humorous story line. Each section tells part of the life of Fred Gauss and how, in the course of his life, he encounters the need for the math and then learns the methods. Written by Dr. Stanley Schmidt with the intent to make math come alive with lots of humour, clear explanations, and silly illustrations that stick in the mind. Completion of this series prepares the student for third-year college math.
- Engaging, creative curriculum that focuses on conceptual understanding.
- Students learn to apply math to everyday life.
- Great option for students who dislike or struggle with math.
- Books must be ordered and mailed.
- Probably not comprehensive, but a great supplement to other math learning resources.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Kids LOVE these math-rich stories. The books are silly and keep the interest of whoever is reading. Books are less expensive than standard textbooks.