Nitro Type is a worldwide real-time typing competition based on a car racing theme. The game reinforces typing skills and helps to increase typing speed. Users can compete against friends or classmates and earn achievements. A teacher portal allows teachers (or parents) to monitor a student’s progress in the game.
- Global competition with other typists.
- Earn achievements, including new vehicles to race.
- Leaderboard scores identify top typists.
- Form teams with other players to earn extra achievements.
- The game does not teach new skills; it reinforces skills already learned.
- Speed and competition may be unmotivating for some children.
- Some advertising.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Nitro Type motivates kids around the world to type in a gamified environment. It provides a global online community for young typists, which is great for families living internationally.