Time4Learning provides a preschool to 12th grade online homeschool curriculum using an approach that takes advantage of today’s technology and the internet. The school’s online education tool teaches math and language arts lessons correlated to state standards. Science, social studies, and art are also provided for most grades. Foreign language is available as an optional add-on for an additional fee.
Student-paced multimedia lessons, printable worksheets, ongoing assessments, and detailed reporting make their learning system an effective and affordable choice for homeschooling.
(From the Time4Learning website.)
COST: Between US$15-30 per month per student.
- Curriculum is completely online.
- Automated grading and record-keeping help parents easily track their child’s progress.
- With built-in lesson plans, parents can have their child follow the suggested sequence for the year, or focus on a particular area of study.
- Technical issues can occasionally be a challenge.
- Academic support isn’t available when material is difficult to understand.
- Some families have reported that lessons aren’t engaging.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Time4Learning is a good option for some families living internationally since it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to access with a good internet connection. It also frees parents from daily lesson preparation since it provides packaged learning.