Make Beliefs Comix empowers users to express their ideas and stories in comic format. The site features simple tools and premade graphics to create comics in any internet browser. Lots of resources for students learning English as a new language and for those with disabilities. Users can also make sharable greeting cards.
- Comics may be created in more than seven different languages.
- No need to download any software or even login to the website.
- Lesson plans and tips for teaching using comics provided.
- Comics may be printed or shared electronically when completed.
- Option (with instructions) to use on a mobile device.
- Advertising throughout site.
- Limited options for more advanced users.
- User experience could be better. Younger kids will need adult assistance to work on their comics.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Despite its low-tech format, Make Beliefs Comix is a great tool for users of all ages to express their story. It also fosters literacy and reading, especially for visual learners. Users who are living internationally can share their comics creations with friends and family who are far away. They can also use a number of different languages to design their story.