ReadWorks is an online resource of reading passages and lesson plans for students from K–grade 12. The site provides strategies and standards-aligned lesson plans for reading comprehension instruction. Texts include pre-made worksheets, quizzes, and other printable materials to enhance the lesson. ReadWorks is used by thousands of schools throughout the world.
- Great supplement to reading instruction at home.
- Easy-to-navigate site for parents seeking levelled reading passages to practice with their children.
- Full lesson plans that can be accessed online or printed.
- Variety of topics to interest all young readers.
- Parents can review data about their child’s progress.
- Some modifications available for kids with learning differences.
- Not a complete curriculum.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
ReadWorks is a great tool for students who need extra instruction in learning to read and reading comprehension. This is especially helpful for homeschooling families. Parents can set up daily reading instruction time for their child to use independently.