WriteAtHome offers a variety of online, video-based writing and literature courses for students in grades 5 through 12. Students follow the online syllabus every week for their course and engage with a personal writing coach. They typically watch an instructional video during each course lesson, then respond with a writing assignment. The instructor grades the assignment by marking up and commenting on the online file.
- Designed especially for homeschooling families.
- User-friendly and easy for students to navigate without parent help.
- Extensive feedback for each written assignment.
- Strong online safety guidelines to protect kids.
- Some parents report that WriteAtHome is not as challenging as other writing programs.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Students have flexibility to work on their writing assignments as needed and can access courses online when it’s convenient. In-depth feedback on assignments allows to students to improve their writing with little parent intervention. At the same time, parents can track their student’s progress via an online parent portal.