Whitmore School is an accredited online high school (grades 9–12) powered by the educational company CompuHigh. Whitmore offers several full diploma programs for students all over the world who need an alternative to a traditional brick and mortar school. Students can enroll any time of the year and start immediately. Whitmore guides students to work through the curriculum at their own pace until they master each lesson of a course. More than 65 countries are represented in the school’s student body.
(From the Whitmore School website.)
- Students can work at their own pace and complete assignments at any time. There are no due dates!
- Less expensive than other online schools.
- Options for more academic support, if needed.
- Support provided for students learning English as a new language.
- Instruction is asynchronous, which may be undesirable for some students.
- Students are expected to be independent and self-motivated. Some students may not be as successful with this model.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Whitmore School is a highly rated, but less expensive, school that may be a great choice for some families living internationally. It has a long track record of providing a “virtual school experience” — it began in 1994 as the world’s first online school. Whitmore is open 24 hours a day, so no matter what time-zone you live in, you can attend school.