KinderArt is an enormous collection of tried and tested free art lesson plans, ideas, and resources which have been contributed by people from around the world. The site features many lesson plans for teachers, parents, and homeschoolers that range from simple (scribble drawings) to complex (stained glass).
COST: Free to access some features. Full content available with a paid membership of about US$18/month or $180/year.
- Projects searchable by child’s age, medium, technique, or season for easy navigation.
- Many materials are simple (paper, markers, etc.) and easy to find.
- Instructions included for teaching the project.
- Numerous printable teaching aids.
- Numerous articles about how to teach art.
- Advertising throughout site.
- Some instructions aren’t explained in complete detail. This provides the teacher/parent flexibility with teaching, but may make it more difficult for some.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
KinderArt offers a huge treasure trove of ideas and resources for teachers and parents to teach art, even without purchasing the membership. This is a fantastic tool for homeschooling families or those seeking enrichment activities for children. Many lesson plans are doable no matter where you live.