Monarch is an interactive, internet-based homeschool curriculum for grades 3-12 that’s accessible from anywhere in the world. An engaging, Christian homeschool curriculum, Monarch grants individual or family access to 50 courses, along with powerful features like complete customization and automatic grading. Monarch contains Bible-based online lessons in the five core subjects of Bible, history and geography, language arts, math, and science, as well as a wide variety of electives. Monarch is part of the Alpha Omega Publications family of homeschooling options.
(From the Monarch website.)
- Pricing is less expensive than other schooling options.
- Students can take one class or a full courseload.
- Each student receives a customized curriculum, which parents can adjust to give their child’s the best educational experience.
- Curriculum is engaging and rich with multimedia.
- Students can choose to listen to assignments rather than read them.
- Families have reported technical difficulties, such as the website timing out and correct student responses being reported as incorrect.
- Some families have reported poorly written curriculum.
- Monarch isn’t accredited since it’s not a school. This may be problematic for some families.
- No option to network with other students.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Monarch can be used anywhere there is Internet access. Students can work on courses any time of day, which is great when you’re on the move. Many families have reported positive academic outcomes with this curriculum.