Rosetta Stone helps all types of learners read, write, and speak more than 30 languages. Using interactive activities and contextual lessons, language learners get a lot of exposure to a new language of their choice. Learners may use any device and fine-tune pronunciation with a speech recognition engine. Other tools include games, audio lessons, and a phrasebook.
COST: Varies, with subscriptions between 3 to 24 months long.
- Intensive program helps students learn quickly.
- A well-respected program used by many schools and businesses.
- Lessons can be completed in 10-minute increments.
- Features some tools for learners with special needs, such as audio resources.
- May not be appropriate for younger language learners (under 12).
- Casual learners may find the program too intensive.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Rosetta Stone is a great resource for serious language learners. The program helps you begin learning the language of your new location before you go there. It’s highly mobile — users can take lessons on their computer, phone, and tablet.