Apologia provides an engaging and challenging K–12 creation-based science curriculum designed for the home school. Textbooks and notebooks are written to students in a conversational tone so that students can easily navigate through the curriculum on their own. The curriculum helps students methodically learn, self-check, and master difficult concepts before moving on. Curriculum is available in textbook format, and Apologia also offers a variety of online courses and “videos on demand.”
- Interesting and thorough material that appeals to all learners.
- Encourages independence in students.
- Fun and easy-to-follow labs that students enjoy.
- Heavy on the reading, which may be unappealing for some students. Parents may need to read some of the material to younger children.
- The amount of material and labs may overwhelm some students.
- Some labs require equipment that may be difficult to find when living internationally.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Apologia is a proven resource for high-quality science instruction. Many Christian families living internationally have chosen this curriculum due to its strong reputation. The flexibility to choose some courses in an online format may also be helpful to some families.