Biz Kid$ is a financial literacy initiative based on a television series where kids teach kids about money and business. The website features short, engaging video segments about financial concepts aimed at teens. It also offers articles, games, and a blog written by parents and kids. Best for older students (middle school and up).
COST: Free. Some extra features, such as a full online course and a book, available for a fee.
- Students can learn how to set up their own business with a sample business plan, marketing strategies, and budgeting tips.
- Free lesson plans are available for teacher or parents. Some lessons provided in Spanish.
- Features sample resumés and most commonly asked job interview questions.
- Kids can learn how to invest money and stock markets.
- Information presented in a humorous, age-appropriate way.
- Some videos and lessons suited better for middle school age.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Biz Kid$ is a helpful tool to teach kids about financial concepts, no matter where you’re living. Short videos and other tools are helpful for older students ready to learn about managing money, budgeting, and more. It’s also helpful for homeschooling families to use as a teaching resource for high school students.