BrainPOP is a trusted learning resource supporting core and supplemental subjects, reaching millions of learners worldwide. The site provides engaging learning games, animated movies, and activities for students in grade 4 and up. It also offers tools to help students reflect and engage for deeper learning. BrainPOP covers universal topics, with localization for major world languages. BrainPOP Jr. features the same subjects, but designed for kindergarten–grade 3. Other subsidiary sites are BrainPOP ELL for English language learners, BrainPOP Espanol for Spanish speakers, and BrainPOP Français for French speakers. Subjects covered on BrainPOP include:
COST: A family subscription is US$129 per year. Fees vary for other packages.
- Easy for kids to navigate, with topics organized by subject.
- Numerous lesson plans at the site for teachers/home educators using BrainPOP resources.
- Good-quality educational videos that use humor to engage students.
- Highly reviewed, award-winning site used by thousands of schools.
- No advertising.
- Consistent internet connection needed to use this site.
- Some topics aren’t presented in-depth and may need to be supplemented by instruction from other sources.
Why it’s helpful for families living internationally
Learning tools at BrainPOP are relevant for students living anywhere. This is a great option to reinforce learning or provide “brain breaks” for traditional schooling or homeschooling. It also allows kids to explore learning independently in a safe online environment.